Gilbert and Olive Shambaugh are best known as the couple who funded the Shambaugh Library, which was expanded in the 1980s into the Murdock Learning Resource Center. In 1960 they donated $275,000 for the construction of the library. Gilbert Shambaugh taught at Pacific College from 1917-1919. Olive Shambaugh was a member of the George Fox Board of Trustees from 1963-1970. Their generous and thoughtful contribution to the college had a major impact of the college receiving full accreditation.