George Fox Univeristy
- 1 Year ago, libraries adopted Research Consultations as primary model of references service.
- We do not have a reference desk.
- Available by appointment through LibCal
- Drop in available as well
- Access Services refers patrons to the librarians either by walking students over, or by helping patrons make an appointment.
- Evolved as a response to practical problem. Professional literature review came much later.
- Research Consultations part of the three-legged stool (along with Ref Desk and Group Instruction).
- Available by appointment (different librarians have different scheduling mechanisms)
- Available in-person, by phone, video conferencing
Abernathy, Andrea and Lillard, Justin, "Research Consultations: Growing a New Model of Reference Services from the Foundations of Librarianship & Faith" (2019). Faculty Publications - George Fox University Libraries. 35.