William Bauman was a long time supporter of George Fox University. He began as a board member in 1969 and served as chairman of development committee for 10 years. William and Mary Bauman donated $200,000 to the school in 1974, which the school used to build a new auditorium. From 1946 to 1973 he owned Bauman lumber company in Lebanon, Oregon. After leaving the company he went on to become a private investor. He was on the Board of Trustees for Western Evangelical Seminary, acting as chairman for 9 years. He was also involved in the Evangelical Church of North America where he was a board member, and chairman for 12 years.
This content is historical in nature. It reflects views of a certain time period and does not necessarily reflect the current or past views of George Fox University. Learn more about GFU’s current vision, mission, and values by visiting the following site: georgefox.edu/about/mission_vision_values
Photo, Noteable Individuals, Alumni